- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
The Doyle Collection
At The Doyle Collection we are leaders in development and setting standards of excellence in the luxury hotel sector, one of the world's most dynamic and successful industries. A select group of urban havens in six major cities throughout Ireland, the UK and the USA, The Doyle Collection employs over one thousand of the most skilled, professional and dedicated people that the industry has to offer. Our hotels inhabit the most fashionable quarters of the most sought-after cities, and each one is a unique reflection of its setting, providing business and leisure travellers with a truly memorable luxury experience.
The Dupont Circle Hotel
now has an excellent opportunity available for a
to join our team.
Responsible for delivering the highest standards of service for our guests, striving to exceed expectations at any occasion. The successful candidate would aspire to convert first time customers into repeat guests as a result of their warm welcome and excellent customer care skills.
- To provide an energetic and warm, friendly greeting to all guests.
- To tend to guests promptly, ensuring they are seated in a timely manner on arrival.
- To be confident in adequately answering guest's queries as well answering telephone calls to do same.
- To ensure reservation requests are met at all times, going above and beyond expectations where possible.
- To establish a good rapport with repeat guests.
- To ensure guest complaints are handled with appropriately and follow-up is offered by a manager.
- To have good knowledge of our menu and wine list and be able to make recommendations where appropriate.
- To create a memorable dining experience for all guests in order to encourage repeat business.
- To maintain the highest level of personal presentation.
- To operate micros point of sale system and ensure billing is correct for guests.
- To deputise in the absence of a supervisor when required.
- To be flexible to assist in other departments as required.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Must have a good knowledge of food and beverage and enjoy this work
- Must have a good command of the English Language
- Must be well groomed and take pride in their appearance
- Must be confident in their communication to all guests
- Must be courteous and focused on providing a consistently high standard of customer service.
- Must be standards driven and detail-orientated
- Must have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible with regards to working hours and available at weekends
- Should have previous experience in similar role
- Competitive salary
- Meals on Duty
- Provision and laundry of uniform
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Educational Support
- Employee Recognition Awards
The Doyle Collection is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.