- DC, USA
- Full Time
The Doyle Collection
At The Doyle Collection we are leaders in development and setting standards of excellence in the luxury hotel sector, one of the world's most dynamic and successful industries. A select group of urban havens in six major cities throughout Ireland, UK and the USA, The Doyle Collection employs over one thousand of the most skilled, professional and dedicated people that the industry has to offer. Our hotels inhabit the most fashionable quarters of the most sought-after cities, and each one is a unique reflection of its setting, providing business and leisure travellers with a truly memorable experience.
The Dupont Circle Hotel
now has an excellent opportunity available for a
to join our kitchen team.
Responsible for assisting the Executive Sous Chef with all food, planning, preparation, production and control for all food outlets and banquet facilities to meet the quality standards of the hotel.
- Hire, train, supervise, schedule and participate in activities of cooks and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls and forecast needs.
- Assist in problem/conflict resolution.
- Attend BEO meetings and create work sheets for banquet events. Plan and order according to the Hotel's standard for all banquet events.
- Maintain a working rapport with all hotel staff for efficient operation and service to the customer. Organize and conduct meetings with the culinary team.
- Monitor team performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary.
- Create and implement new menus and individual menu items for all outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes. Invent menu selections for special banquet themes and parties in accordance with client budgetary guides and expectations. Confer with the Executive Sous Chef in regards to any new selections and changes.
- Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that endure adherence to all health code requirements.
- Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout the kitchen(s) including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
- Conduct daily food orders according to set par stock levels.
- Special projects and assignments for continous improvement.
- Avoid unnecessary wastage, observe proper portion planning and control and act in a cost effective, responsible manner.
- Ensure excellent food hygiene practice is observed in the entire food chain from storage through to preparation and service.
- Dine at local restaurants to observe the latest trends in food presentation/pricing
- Monitor outlets during peak periods to oversee production flow and presentation
- Report any equipment in need of repair or replacement to Property Operations
- Perform other duties as requested, such as VIP parties and staff meetings
- Flexibility in work schedule and shift coverage
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Must have previous experience in a similar position
- Must be courteous and focused on providing a consistently high standard of customer service
- Must be standards driven and detail-orientated
- Must have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible with regards to hours
- Must have a good command of the English Language
- Must have excellent self-presentation
- Should have detailed and valid Servsafe certification
- Should have relevant professional qualification
- Requires working knowledge of food preparation principles, including knowledge of flavoring materials and seasonings in modifying or extending recipes
- Skilled in managing cooking processes so that food items are served on time and that safe temperature and time controls are met
- Keen sense of taste and smell; and knowledge of sanitation procedures
- Good knowledge and safe usage of knives, tools and the ability to safely operate and maintain various food service equipment
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations
- Ability to operate a keyboard and Point of Sale equipment
- Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces
- Ability to supervise a large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis
- Ability to work in an environment with extreme temperature ranges (hot and cold)
- Effectively conduct meetings, menu briefings and maintain communication lines between team members and management personnel
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, distinguish product taste, texture, quality and evaluate presentation and preparation
- Artistic ability to create theme menu items, decoration etc.
Meals on Duty
Provision and laundry of uniform
Discounted Health Insurance
Employee Recognition Awards
The Doyle Collection is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.